Investing in door and window installation or replacement is a substantial decision that not only impacts your finances but also consumes valuable time. The exposure of exterior doors and windows to harsh weather conditions makes them susceptible to damage, requiring more than just a surface wipe-down to maintain their integrity.
At Windows & Doors By Jasmine, we recognize the significance of this investment. That’s why we offer a comprehensive two-year service warranty for our door and window installations. Our commitment to quality is reflected in our use of Low E glass and Argon gas, providing enhanced protection against the sun’s intense rays. We also prioritize the robust functionality of drainage systems for your windows and doors.
Regular maintenance is essential for prolonging the lifespan of your doors and windows, and our dedicated professional team conducts thorough checks to ensure their continued performance. Our exceptional maintenance services not only contribute to insulation improvements but also lead to notable reductions in energy costs. With our expertise, you can rest assured that your doors and windows will stand the test of time, providing lasting comfort and efficiency for your home.
- Enhance ventilation by opening windows to allow fresh air circulation throughout your home. Increased ventilation helps reduce dampness.
- Utilize fans, such as ceiling fans, stand fans, or desktop fans, to promote air circulation and ventilation within your home.
- Minimize the use of humidifiers in areas where condensation is prevalent.
- Consider investing in a dehumidifier or an air purifier if needed.
- Ensure proper sealing of windows using appropriate weather strippers to prevent excess moisture from infiltrating your home. Damaged strippers can lead to increased condensation.
- If condensation is excessive, relocate plants away from windows, as they release moisture into the air, contributing to window condensation.
- Consider using window insulation kits to prevent condensation, even in unfavorable conditions. These kits can be applied to the interior side of windows, acting as effective insulation.
- By implementing these strategies, you can effectively manage and reduce window condensation, safeguarding the condition and longevity of your windows.
- Annual Doorknob and Lock Maintenance: Regularly clean and maintain doorknobs and lock assemblies to ensure smooth operation. An annual cleaning is generally sufficient to keep them functioning properly.
- Hinge and Pivot Lubrication: Apply oil to door hinges and pivots to eliminate squeaking noises that can occur while opening or closing the door.
- Surface Cleaning: Use a cloth dipped in dishwasher liquid or a suitable cleaning agent to thoroughly clean the door surface. Wipe down the entire surface until all visible dirt and dust are removed.
- Material-Specific Care: Apply wood oil to wooden doors and use non-oil cleaning agents for steel and fiberglass doors. This helps prevent the accumulation of dust, dirt, and grime.
- UV Protection: Apply a thin coat of high-quality varnish to the exterior of wooden doors. This layer acts as a barrier against harmful UV rays from direct sunlight.
- Alignment Check: Regularly inspect the alignment of your door at least once a year. Address any misalignments promptly to prevent potential damage to the door.
- Insulated Door Socks:Invest in quality insulated door socks to enhance your home’s insulation by preventing air from escaping to the outside environment.
Preventing Water Damage
- Apply Rain X: Treat the exterior surfaces of your doors and windows with Rain X. This product helps rainwater slide off without pooling or condensing, reducing the chances of water damage.
- Clear Rain Tracks: Regularly clean the rain tracks of your windows to prevent water accumulation. Clogged weeping holes can lead to water buildup. Use a twig or thin metal piece to unclog the rain tracks from debris.
- Enhance Sealing: Ensure a tight seal for your windows and doors to prevent water leakage during heavy rain. Tighten hinges and consider installing new, tighter seals around the frames for improved coverage of the sills.
By implementing these measures, you can minimize the risk of water damage to your windows and doors, preserving their integrity and extending their lifespan.
Devoting a weekend to maintaining your windows and doors pays off in the long run. To ensure comprehensive upkeep for your windows and doors, follow this checklist: